69% of employees satisfied in their roles said they would work harder if they were better recognized at work. Words of encouragement go a long way when it comes to getting the most out of your sales team.Here are 10 expert tips for sales motivation
- Be curious and seek to understand their point of view to shift from confrontation to conversation.
- Learn how your people want to be managed by asking better questions.
- Enchantment is all about changing people’s hearts, minds, and actions because you provide them a vision.
- Taking off your chief problem solver hat makes your people more valuable and sharpens their problem solving skills.
- A coach takes the “what to do” and marries it with the “how to do it.”
- When you’re coaching your sales reps, make sure your feedback is: timely, consistent, objective, individualized & relevant.
- If you can give a sales player more time, you will almost certainly see a performance lift.
- As sales leaders, we have to set the bar high for ourselves as well as our teams.
- Great sales managers know each person on their team is different and therefore manage accordingly.